GRT Roofing understands that gutter cleaning and gutter repair are probably two of your least favorite chores. That’s why we offer Cleveland’s western suburbs gutter cleaning and gutter repair services.
Clean gutters protect your home from water damage. Without clean gutters, leaves and debris build up and your gutters overflow, rendering them useless.
Why is rain gutter cleaning Important? Dirty and clogged gutters can lead to:
- Foundation Damage: Without clean, functioning gutters, your foundation is at high risk for water damage, and that is a very costly repair. The gutter’s only job is to collect roof water and divert it away from your home’s foundation. Without clean gutters, water overflows the gutter and falls straight to the ground and oversaturates the soil surrounding your foundation walls, eventually causing basement walls to bow and crack.
- Exterior Wall Damage: Overflowing water from clogged gutters cascades down your home’s exterior walls and can cause your clapboards, soffits, and other wooden components to rot. If left untreated, this can also lead to mold and mildew growth.
- Fascia Board Damage: Overflowing water can fall back towards your fascia boards, causing them to rot. As the fascia board deteriorates, water can leak and damage your attic and insulation.
- Gutter Damage: Dirty gutters accumulate rotting leaves and become a haven for termites, cockroaches, and other unwanted pests. Plus, they become heavy and can detach from your home and cause other damage, such as broken windows or dents in your siding.
GRT Roofing can repair any gutter issue. Here is our general guide to help you identify visual signs of a damaged gutter that needs to be repaired:
- Cracks and Splits: Small cracks in your gutters can grow into large ones, leading to a larger problems and expenses. It is important to repair cracks as soon as possible to ensure that your gutter is functioning properly.
- Rust: For galvanized steel gutters, rust can be an indicator that the protective coating has worn off. Your gutters are exposed to rough weather conditions, and the protective coating prevents the gutter from failing prematurely.
- Sagging: If your gutters are sagging, they might not be securely fastened to your house, which means they cannot effectively drain water away from your home.
If you need gutter cleaning or gutter repair in Cleveland’s western suburbs, GRT Roofing can help make your gutters great!
GRT Roofing serves the western Cleveland suburbs with best-in-class roofing replacement and repair, gutter replacement, gutter screen installation, cleaning, and repairs.